The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 2387 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
I liked the thoughts of what the passport could have done and what it actually did. I felt sad at the end. Tiffanie didn't know she had a treasure.
08/07/05
Thie was very very good!! I loved the constrast!!!!!
This is one of my favorite entries at this level. I liked the way you switched back and forth between Tiffanie's thoughts about why Carolyn went to China and what Carolyn actually did there. This is a very special piece! A very different angle on 'passport'.
08/08/05
Excellent! No wonder it's a winner.
08/08/05
Congratulations on a well deserved win. This was my favourite. I loved the contrast between the flippant 'have fun' person of Tiffanie and the 'let my life have meaning' person of Carolyn. And being someone who has lived for 8 years in China so far, I loved the setting and the sentiments of Carolyn's life there in that era. Well done!
08/09/05
Well done, Jan. I'm with Shari on this one. Loved the contrast. Also the way you cut through the popular cliché of missionary life of that era. Well written, engaging story. Sad, but inevitable, that the pp ended up in the bin. Yeggy
This is also my favorite. It is a wonderful story for all the above reasons!
08/09/05
Jan, congratulations on your 4th place win in the Editors' Choice, and 2nd place in the Level 2 Challenge. Well done! I'm really glad to see that you've moved up to Level 3 for the latest Challenge. Love, Deb (Challenge Coordinator)
08/09/05
Jan,
I liked the way you got into the skins of both characters and made them come alive. I also felt that I was actually in China when you were telling that side of the story. This is a great piece of writing and deserved to win. Congratulations.
08/09/05
A fantastic piece of writing and a great story!
08/12/05
Wow, what a contrast between Tiffany and Carolyn! This is a beautiful piece. Keep writing.