The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 912 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
Very creative and I didn't see that ending coming. I especially liked the way you incorporated the promptings of instincts to nudge them along their way, as evident in this line: "Wapnu didn’t have a map. He had to travel by instinct. He took great care in following the directions of the elements that God had given to guide him." Great job, really enjoyed the journey!
Cleaver! I really enjoyed this piece. I liked the personality that you gave the characters, and the surprise when I realized that they weren't human. Great job!
03/12/09
This is certainly a very novel take on the topic. I felt that you could have spent a little more time describing the African scenery and/or animals, while they traveled over 3500 Kilometers through the continent. Without this your entry could be marked down slightly on relation to topic, though certainly not on creativity or humor.
Very clever. As soon as you described them as animals I wondered if they were going to the ark. A very cute read.
03/15/09
I loved this. You surprised me with 1) they were animals then 2) they were headed for the ark.
Very good. I never thought about what the animals must have thought when God brought them to the ark in that time.
03/15/09
This is a very cool story from a creative perspective. I enjoyed the "call of God" even on His precious animals. Good writing!