The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 808 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
01/29/09
It's good to take the time to link our pasts with our present and future. Many of us share a common ancestry that includes the UK.
01/30/09
Very good writing in this piece.

It kind of seemed more like an "Australia" entry than a "UK" one, though.

Another place I hope to visit some day, for sure. Thanks for this well-written entry.
02/02/09
I love those moments when I can hang back and watch my family on the path, enjoying the youth of my children and the wisdom of my parents.
Good writing.
02/04/09
Some delightful turns of phrase here, including "They were running up and down the footpath like backstitch on a garment." Also a very clear message of reflection and hopes for the future. But as has been said, the focus isn't really on the UK. One of the things that makes FW so interesting week after week is the way that the topic forces us to write outside of what is familiar. You're obviously a capable writer and I hope you will rise to this challenge in future weeks.
I'm still fairly new to the challenge and thought the topic only needed a mention. Gives me better direction for next time.