The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 779 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
Once I caught the form of changing time-frames with paragraphs my confusion cleared. Nice job with the comparisons/contrasts between the "young" narrator's experiences and the narrator's daughters'. :)
I really enjoyed this piece. I love the excitement you wrote into the girls voices, and mom had such a sense of peace about her. The back-and-forth didn't confuse me. Good writing!
I just realized that you had two things going on here - the MC in the past experiencing her own Christmas, and the MC in the present listening to her daughters enjoying the tradition passed down to them. I like it even better now. :)
12/10/08
I didn't catch the connection between Christmas past and present the first couple times through, I had to really focus on the names of the girls; but I'm usually the last one to catch joke.
This was delightful.
12/10/08
It didn't take me long to catch the back and forth... what a wonderful story! Love it. I, too, loved the excitement you captured in the girls. Well done.
You took me back a few years. We always got to open our stockings whenever we wanted, too, and they often had Life Savers story books in them.

This was charming, and I could see it all happening.
12/12/08
Micheline, I just wanted to let you know that you did very well in the Challenge this week. Even though you didn't quite make it into the winners' circle, you made it into the highest rankings for Level 2, placing 8th for the level.

If you would like to check the highest rankings for yourself, you can see them here:

http://www.faithwriters.com/Boards/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=23381

With love, Deb (Challenge Coordinator)