The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1348 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
10/10/08
Sweet story!

I kept waiting for some conflict, either in the "present" or in the flashback...something to take it past the "granddaughter's concert" to the next level. Something to consider, if you ever expand this.

I long for a little Angelica of my own!
Nice comparison of the "present-day" event to the MC's memory of a similar event. Good job. :)
Very nicely written - I like the descriptions, especially the coloured hues of the lights on her parents... gave the memory a very real feeling. I enjoyed this very much.
I like how you tied your granddaughter's singing in the program to your own memory of doing the same.
This reads like a true event and I love that. Great Christmas memories.
Memories like these are precious. Lovely story.
Norms
I like this sweet "past and present" story. This piece has a very nice feel to it.
10/15/08
Tender moments captured in your writing (and definitely writing this Grandma can relate to). I could "hear" the carols being sung and the little voices singing from their hearts. :)
10/16/08
Very nice entry! I think the word count must have got you - I definitely wanted to read more. :) BTW thanks for the very sweet comment on my piece....shucks....thanks!!! I like reading your stuff too!
Oh, this was so sweet. I have five grandchildren, so I can fully relate to your MC listening to little Angelica singing. Beautifully told.