The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 644 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
10/09/08
Your lyrics to well known carols don't pull any punches! YOu use words effectively to slice up the reality of Christmas and its message for people today.
10/10/08
Wow, very clever.. I really like your take on these songs. Very true as well.
10/10/08
Ouch! A real thought-provoker, and a bold entry.

I had a few problems in some cases getting the words to fit into the melodies of the familiar songs, which was a slight distraction.

I appreciate your boldness in writing this lament.
Very well thought and laid out, I just wish the pattern had followed fewer songs so it would have been easier to "sing". :) Just wondering - but, I recognized the tune of "What Child Is This?" between (4) and (5) but didn't see reference for it - ? Probably just me. :] Nicely done.
10/15/08
Perhaps I should have put in a note to say that this was not intended to be sung. I had no intention of writing lyrics, which would have limited me to a much stricter rhythm. I mainly wanted to refer to the joyful words of the Christmas carols and how poorly they, and the whole spirit of Christmas, are reflected in today's world.