The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1049 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
09/04/08
Poor Clay. As with many teens, he chose to go his own way and learned to regret it. You portrayed him very well. Good job.
09/05/08
Great modern day prodigal story. Could be a great minifilm for youth clubs.
09/06/08
Very good story. Rebellious teen on his own path. Glad to see he's headed in the right direction at the end. Nicely done.
Very "popular", up-to-date slant on this common theme. Would have felt more "empathy" for the MC if I had seen more of his emotional turmoil, but, I know - Writing Challenges have their WORD limits. :)
Good opening paragraph to grab the reader's attention.
Clay isn't so different from a lot of young people out to conquer the world. You portrayed him nicely.
09/08/08
Kind of a modern-day interpretation of the Prodigal Son--I like it.

I'd have chosen a different name for your protagonist, as there was a famous "Clay" who almost won American Idol, and you might confuse some readers into thinking this is about him.

09/09/08
Yes, a good modern take on the biblical story. I could see Simon and Randy in the words you chose for them to say. Good story.
09/09/08
I thought it wrapped up too quickly - word limit, I know - but other than that you did an excellent job with this entry. Very captivating writing.
09/11/08
This was a fun read, and I won't point out the typos because you already mentioned them in your post. :)

Being a big AI fan, I have two observations. First, I thought this was about Clay Aiken, but realized it wasn't. And second, there was a contestant from last season with a story very much like this--was this story about him? (I don't remember his name.)

Nice job with the topic--I especially like the ending.