The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1193 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
I love it! Very little editing is needed for mechanics, but otherwise, a heart-warming and brilliant tale from start to finish!
Great writing. It caught my attention and held it. Noticed one minor thing. You've said "than her" and it should be "than she". It can be remembered by adding "is" afterwards in your mind. It is--than she is...not than her is. Otherwise, you did an excellent job of writing on this topic.
This was really good. I enjoyed readiing it from start to finish. Carly is an amazing kid....who truly does SEE!
I agree that attention to mechanics will make this story an easier read. Also I thought for a second, she'd gotten her sight back when I read this part: "She looked at her sister who was now staring at her in disbelief." Maybe say "she turned her face toward her sister." But still a good story!
08/17/08
Oh, PLEASE write more! What happens next? Do they go down to the lake? You really grabbed my attention in this article, and I want to read more!
Agree with your character, Jen, that Carly has an "unusual" view of her blindness. Certainly not common. I would need to see some of the emotional growth to really "know" the character and find out how she got to this point. :)
08/18/08
Good job, even on my second read :)

Keep it up.
08/18/08
Great reader involvment; kept my interest through out. Good work. God bless.
Great interaction between the sisters and very special message.
Very nice story! I liked the version of hide and seek the girls were playing and how it led to the story. Great fashback of the accident.

I thought the resolution came a little quickly, but what can you do with only 750 words, right? LOL. You talked in one of the posts about writing "real world". You could consider SOMETIMES not completely resloving the entire problem. Maybe the characters START the healing, but not complete it. I'm going to quit now, because that's just my random thoughts and one person's opinions. I also love to see a story with a happy ending...like this one. It made me smile.
08/18/08
Great title and twist on the topic! Your theme is so important. It's a good one to read when we blame others for our suffering or when we assume others blame us. You show here that communication is the key and that God works good from bad. I think you should end with the laughter over Carley's joke about spending more time. It's good comic relief.
08/18/08
I like your imagination. I could see myself in the room watching them talk. There is a very good lesson in this story. I also like the creativeness of your version of hide and seek. Very well written.
08/19/08
I am listening to God and reading. While well written, it was a familiar story, with not much punch or excitement or learning, which seems to be what you all like and think is good. I'm sorry but with 96 reads and a slew of comments I didn't read all of, one straight up comment won't hurt the author, Basically good but slightly boring.
What a jewel Carly is! This story deeply touched me. It is a great story of forgiveness and love. I also thought that the "imaginary hide and seek" game was a great twist on the topic. Great job with this one! :)
08/19/08
This article is great and I am sorry for my not so great comments. Please forgive
I wish I could be the judges for this one - it is a most definite winner. It grabs the heart and wrings it dry of self pity. Sometimes not seeing is believing, yes? Thank you for moving this old gal's tired heart...
08/20/08
I love your take on hide and seek! What a creative fun story, with a great message of forgiveness.
The dialog is great, and the characters too. I love the story and the layers of Hide & Seek. Wonderful! (and not boring.;) )