The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 780 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
05/22/08
I like your writing style of drawing word pictures in snappy paragraphs. Very minor point of parallel grammatical structure: exhausting, embarrassing, and annoying (in place of "making me angry"). I also failed to see how neighbor's actions with the bath served a purpose in your beagle being an escape artist, though I thoroughly enjoyed that interchange and the unusual reaction of neighbor--perhaps belongs to a separate story?
05/24/08
How lucky for Mabel to get bathed when she escapes. Perhaps those soft brown eyes serve her well in lots of situations. Good job!
05/25/08
A charming story. We had a beagle but she was gone more than she was home. This brought back fun memories of her, thanks.
05/25/08
This dog must be loved. Its way too high maintenance for me. Good job writing this piece:)
Laury
05/27/08
Loved this story! Perhaps it is because I'm prejudice to Beagles also, and this did remind me of my little one's beautiful brown eyes and floppy ears. You did a great job of wordsmithing, and you're very lucky she didn't get lost on her many ramblings! Nice job!
Congratulations on taking 15th place in your level with this piece, Esther!