The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1494 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
Very thought provoking
I believe that our Creator most definitely inspired this piece. I foolishly aborted my first baby in ignorance - listened to the lies of the devil - before I was born again. I know my child is a girl and I've been blessed to "see" her dancing before the Lord's throne. I didn't get to see Rebekah's face but I definitely saw her spirit dancing before the throne.
06/14/05
Powerfully communicated. I can see this as a skit in church somewhere. I like the style.
How tragic that this is so often the case, but how beautiful is the fact that you brought out. The little one is in heaven.
06/15/05
There are many, many people who need to read this...... Thank you!
Very thought provoking and even chilling in a good way. I think fathers are often forgotten in abortion so this is a great reminder of the impact it has on them also.
I really liked this story, especially with the point of view from the "unborn". I think they are often the ones forgotten... they are all there in heaven. This could be a great drama for church.
06/16/05
To say well done is inadequate but I'll say it anyway - Well Done. :)
06/16/05
Oooh. I almost went in this direction when composing my entry. But I'm sure it wouldn't have been as good.
Excellent, heart-felt writing. Simply beautiful.
Blessings, Lynda
06/16/05
Yes, beautiful in its simplicity. Reminds me of Tilly.
What a wonderful take on the topic! Well done.
06/19/05
This is really lovely.
A winner in my book. Nice job. It held me the whole time.
Ben, I came here out of curiosity, wanting to know why the boys and girls were crying after watching the drama play out. Now I know why, because I'm crying too. This was beautiful! Thank you so much for writing this. So often the men get the crap end of the stick when it comes to issues such as this. It's almost expected of them to be unemotional and uncaring. But your characters brought out what actually does happen in real life. Thank you so much!