The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 848 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
You have some very lovely word choices here.

I would love and explaination of "Miss-what you can't catch...could be a story of its own.

I loved the flow and the ease of how the DIL gave her "Dad" a day out. Brave to let him drive for sure.
05/16/08
You have a wonderful way with words! I enjoyed this a great deal.

In this sentence: For the first weeks of acquaintance with the family you remained – to him – “Miss-what-you-can’t-catch.”, consider changing the "you" to "I". That would make it personal rather than theoretical, and confirm that "Dad" was indeed your father in-law.

Great title, and wonderful word choices throughout.
05/16/08
I loved the feel to this piece--very comfortable, as we were sitting down together over coffee.
05/19/08
I enjoyed reading your story. What a special memory to always have with you. I agree, it would have been helpful for him to be identified as your father-in-law. Great story, good read. Thanks for sharing!
05/23/08
Congratulations, Fiona, on placing fourteenth in your level with this piece. Great job!
05/24/08
Very good, and it taught me a new word! I'd never encountered "braw" before. Thanks for the enjoyable read.