The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1004 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
02/04/08
Are you trying to scare us into being sure of our stand in Christ? What a challeinging message - please God, don't let it be me that doesn't know you on the Day.
Thanks for a scary, challenging message.
02/05/08
I understood your heart in this article. In ministry, I see this type of "spirtuality" all too often. As far as red ink, I can only tell you what I am trying to learn as a beginner. Use strong, colorful and exciting words.
02/05/08
Good job with showing us this man's thoughts and feelings in his last moments.

My only comment is that this is a familiar scenario in Christian fiction, and in order to stand out, it needs some very different twist. You've got more words--can you think of some way to surprise your readers?

Great one to be read at an adult Sunday School class for a discussion starter.
This brought up a lot of emotions for me ~ not too pleasant ones.... Powerful piece. My Dad was a well respected man who passed away in anger ~ you illuminated my greatest fear. Ouch. Thanks ~ :-)
02/05/08
Maybe you wanted to leave this open to interpretation, but I kinda wondered what the man did to "divide the church". My question is influenced by a church split that I witnessed. But this is a good solid piece that would be a great discussion starter.
02/06/08
Though it is an often used theme, you managed to create a character who got my attention. I like the way you put a light on his motivations-that's where the true heart of a believer reflects Jesus.
02/06/08
Thought provoking entry. From this preacher point of view... this preaches.

What I like is that the MC is a self-deluded, self-empowered, self-righteous deceiver of his flock. All Christ wanted him to be was self-less.

Thanks for writing this.
What a twist. I didn't expect that sort of ending, but you definitely made it real enough, I felt as if I were there too. Excellent job! ^_^
I liked this, and thought it exemplified the topic well.
My first thought as per Jan's suggestion was having him revived, and truly repenting, but I think that's been done too.
You have brought to mind much "food for thought." And that makes for an interesting read.
02/06/08
A good tie-in to the topic. I also would have liked a bit of a unique take, but this was well-written.
A bit chilling. Lets us know that we must examine our hearts to our real beliefs and the true reason for our actions. Well told.
What a bold reminder. Makes one look deep inside, thanks for the nudge. Tomorrow could see this high on the list. Keep up the good words!
02/25/08
Great writing, Beckie. This is one conversation I would never want to be part of! Great job!
Laury