The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1979 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
01/31/08
Wow, powerful entry here. I got goose bumps with the foreigners understanding the tongues. Again, wow! I like the all caps in the title, too, because it helps convey part of the story. Well done.
01/31/08
A 'Nigerian' scam with a double twist. I liked it. Great job.
Praise the Lord and the miracles He can do to protect at times. This was good.
02/03/08
If this is a true story what a lesson! This topic should read "All that Glitters is NOT always God". I also like the bible verse that you led off with. Good Job!!
02/06/08
And these little scam artists are getting more creative by the day! Good story, I really enjoyed it - you did a great job!
I was completely engrossed from the beginning. Unique take on the subject. Good job!
Nice, suspenseful read.
This really held my attention. I couldn't wait to get the end. Nicely done.
02/06/08
Unique to the end. Will you be joining us in Advance after this one?
02/06/08
Love the title, and the buildup of suspense in this one. Very nice, Tim!
Very well written. I hung on every word. I wanted to know what the robbers heard when he spoke in tonques. It was so exciting. Good job.
Ouch! I always feel for the people who get caught up in the scams like this. I am glad that your MC had a happy ending though, you portrayed this reality with excellent story-telling! ^_^
02/06/08
Very realsitic! The format added to the pace and tension of the story, too.
02/06/08
Like the format of this - and your descriptions were good. I was right there with him.

My biggest suggestion is your beginning - it's generally best to NOT start with a Bible verse - try to find something else to "hook" the reader.

Nice job!
A great message to heed that small voice inside. A great message, too about being warry about things that just look too good to be true. And finally, a great message of how God cares for us and can deliver us at just the right moment.
I thought the suspense was especially well done in your entry.
02/06/08
The title intrigued me - had a feeling it was based on an email scam - so I wanted to see what you did with it. Good suspenseful story. Nicely paced.
02/06/08
Good job - I read of this actually happening to an American who flew to South Africa and was held at gunpoint. He was hoping to cash in on the free money - he was lucky to get out with his life.

Good analogy.
02/06/08
This is very good. I really like the format, and you did a good job at building the suspense. All-too-real illustration of the topic.
Not crazy about the title, but loved every bit of the tale. Keep up the good words.
02/06/08
Very creative! Great suspense and drama too :)
02/07/08
Unique, creative and well worth the read. God bless.