The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1919 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
12/13/07
An excellent visual! We are not far from this scene. Thanks be unto our God that the building and man's institution of religion and denominations are NOT the church!
12/16/07
Very descriptive of a time so many believe will never happen. You took a bold stand against the more popular belief and you did it well. Great job but I must admit I cringed at the thought of eating rats! :) Christmas blessings!
12/17/07
Excellent story!

A few things you'll want to fix--a small tense change in the 2nd paragraph, and "waist" instead of "waste" (the way you have it is a very interesting image!

This is a change-of-pace end times story, very well-written.
Excellent writing.. and a powerful message. (let all who have ears...)
12/18/07
Really like this! The story delivered what the title promised. Good pictures, and lots of showing rather than telling. Well done.
12/19/07
Great imaginative interpretation alive with sensory details. Good job.
This is just plain good. The story line is a creative twist on the rapture debate, the descriptions are great, and you brought your characters to life. I noticed one small error - "since" should be "sense". I truly enjoyed reading your entry. I don't think you'll be in Level 2 very long. :) Cat
12/19/07
Great article. So many believe the rapture will occur before the Tribulation, which I believe they conclude by reading Revelations chronologically. If Jesus does return after the Tribulation, as I believe, a lot of people will indeed get a shock.
This is very interesting. I liked this future look at a small church. The ending took a little too long to get to(my own opinon, though, lol) and I have two nitpicks-typos.
Waste=Waist
Since-Sense
Great job, this was an enjoyable read.
12/20/07
Great description and detail. I was very engaged!
So creative, congrats on 2nd!
Keep writing, you have a true voice.
Excellent! I enjoyed your perspective on this future event. Congratulations on 2nd place!
12/21/07
Congratulations on your 2nd place. Very good writing, and a great job with the topic.
12/21/07
Great descriptions and dialogue. I like the different viewpoint you've presented in this story (but I hope we're NOT here!). The characters have good strong voices and creative interaction. Congratulations!
12/30/07
Good writing, a little bit sci-fi though. I like to think the scriptures are accurate enough, without further scare tactics. If Hell is not enough of determent your imagination will not do the trick.
I am happy for you!
08/11/08
An awesome glimpse of what "could be". Incredible writing here, and very brave of you to counter the mainstream end times theory. Well done!
Well done. I like the characters and their interaction.