The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 855 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
Your ending took me by surprise. I felt like I was right there in the congregation watching this service unfold. Great writing.
11/24/07
Very vivid writing - and the end DEFINITELY surprised me as well. Enjoyed this.
11/24/07
I loved this story. Shows what a Christian's love should be for the suffering and needy. When I read, 'His mercies are new every morning,' it gave me shivers. Great going.
WOW!!!
11/26/07
Wow, this is inspiring. What you touched on is the heart of God. Many have a form of godliness, but denies the power of God it takes to touch and change a life. It's not about mere religion, it's about relationship with a God who is truly touched with the feelings of our infirmaties. We sometimes forget that we're His hands and feet in this earth. Thanks for sharing this; very inspiring...Randy
Ditto on all the other comments. If truth is stranger than fiction, something much like this happened at our church, except the runaway part. Thanks to God for his grace.
11/27/07
I was caught off guard at the end, too. Very nice job!
Laury
A beautiful story. Loved the ending. How could parents turn away their own child? Keep writing, this is good.
11/28/07
Very touching! I like the picture you painted in the first paragraphs. Two small critiques: Don't shorten the spelling of the word "through", and the words near the end of the story don't need to be in quotes. The feelings came out strong. Well done!
11/29/07
Congratulations! Very well written.
11/29/07
Congratulations on your 1st place entry!
Laury