The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1367 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
11/01/07
I can't tell you how many times I have remembered a particular phrase or teaching from my childhood Sunday School right when I needed it. You did a great job of capturing that perspective.
11/02/07
Wonderful ending. I enjoyed these character studies. A bit more description, especially in the beginning, might strengthen this a bit.
11/02/07
Great job comparing & contrasting the two boys. I'd be interested in knowing if this is a "legal" way to do it -- two POV at the same time? Your writing shows just how important Sunday School can be to our lives!
Laury
11/05/07
Great job! Very creative and moving.

I think, in the third segment, you should still begin with Jimmy, to keep it consistent with the first two.

This is a really strong entry.
Powerful message, solid ending. You cover a lot of emotion and time in a few words. Well done.
Very strong story and excellent writing. It was interesting to watch the two boys as their lives are so different. Great job.
Very interesting writing on topic and the message is very strong. Excellent contrasting of the two MC's.
11/07/07
It was interresting watching these boys grow into men--I thought the way you handled it was good and very clear. Good job! Hugs!!
You've used contrast excellently here, along with showing the value of words heard in Sunday School that linger in the heart long years later.
I really enjoyed reading this. Creative use of contrasting the two lives and following them through to adulthood. Very well done!
I agree with the other comments, you covered a lot of territory to present a very promising message. I liked the way you contrasted the two lives and especially how you were able to present their inner turmoils so authentically.
11/08/07
Oh wow -- what an interesting way to tackle this topic. And with a strong message, too. Nice job on taking the reader through the years. And very touching ending. Well done.
11/08/07
I enjoyed the way you contrasted the two lives against each other, and brought them together again at the end.
This story has me reaching for a tissue. What a contrast between your two Characters. Logan reminds us of how we should respond, even when things aren't going the way we 'feel' they should. I'm glad it worked out in the end after all. Great writing! ^_^
02/28/08
LaNaye, I've been looking through past entries for pieces to feature for the Front Page showcase, and I came upon this little gem again. I'm going to feature it for the week of March 3. Look for it on the FaithWriters home page!
03/03/08
Loved this the first time - still do. Congrats on your front page showcase! Wonderful, my friend.
03/03/08
Congrats on the front page showcase! I know what a blessing and encouragement it must be for you! This is such a good piece, and clearly shows how training up our children is so vitally important.
I love the show case and so glad this was here. I enjoyed this heart felt story very much.
03/04/08
Congrats on the front page feature. I like this story and the parallels and contrasts between the two characters.
03/05/08
SO glad to see this showcased! Loved it all over again...
03/06/08
I really love this story and the way your written it. Congrats on the the FW Frontpage Showcase writer for this week!
What a great story well done I felt like I was right there watching everything!
Congrats on the Showcase! Good job.
Great story Naye, showing the growth of the boys from childhood to adulthood and how Logan realises his love and forgivess comes from the Lord.
Congratulations on the showcase!