The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 904 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
10/25/07
What a neat experience you must have had. Your descriptions are quite vivid.

I felt like the last paragraph wasn't really necessary - didn't really add anything to the story (though it may just be because I have never seen the movie you mentioned).

Thanks for sharing this wonderful experience.
I don't know what happened to my article.
It isn't here!!!
I have to resubmit I suppose.
i had a cyber space "Sometimer's Disease" moment. Sorry
10/25/07
What a wonderful interlude, and you were blessed to have seen it.

The last paragraph feels "tacked on"--I almost think it'd be better to leave your readers at the river bank with you.

Lovely descriptions of the baptisms.
10/29/07
The last paragraph may have been tacked on but I did see the movie and it is one of my favorites, so it did give me a point of reference to what you had experienced. Good writing job I really enjoyed the telling.
10/30/07
"I could almost feel the power of sin and the world being torn away from
each person as they rose from the water."


I love this statement. I've experienced this exact description when observing baptisms. I get goose bumps every time!
11/02/07
Congratulations, Angela. Your entry placed 15th in Level 2. The Top 15 in each Level and the Top 40 Overall Lists are posted each week in the Weekly Results and Highest Rankings Forum of the Faithwriters Message Boards.