The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 972 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
09/21/07
What a fabulous story! How delicately you have wrapped very deep and powerful emotion into a wonderful story with an incredibly funny twist at the end. How I admire you!
09/21/07
Wow! That was funny, and the ending explained the staring he and Gonzo shared. I like how you weaved in the details, but started with this curious exchange between man and bird. Very cool.
09/21/07
A well-written, funny, funny story.
09/22/07
Great story. Especially like the ending!
Laury
09/23/07
Well written and bright humor. I loved it; indeed I'm going to read it again cause I enjoyed it so much. Welcome to the puppy pen.
09/24/07
You addressed a very serious issue with great humor. Very good.
09/24/07
Wonderful title drew me in and this brilliant piece truly delighted me. Congratulations on the puppy pen--well deserved.
Good job in showing the release of frustration. Unique story.
09/26/07
Very good, I should just ditto everything that was said before. Good Job!
09/27/07
Congratulations on your much deserved 2nd place. This is really good writing.
Bravo! I loved the combination of poignancy and humor and the way you "showed" rather than "told" the healing power of laughter.
09/28/07
Congratulations, Matthew. In addition to your seond place in Level 2, you entry has placed 25th overall. The Lists for the Top 15 in each Level and the Top 40 overall is available in the Weekly Results and Highest Rankings forum of our Faithwriters Message Boards.
10/06/07
Oh, my goodness! My kids just came running down the stairs to figure out why I was laughing out loud! This will be a story I will read over and over again, because it communicates the release of pressure and stress so well.

Incredible job on this piece!