The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 782 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
08/09/07
What beautiful humility you showed in the next-to-last paragraph! Thanks for sharing this--we all need to examine ourselves in this mirror.
08/09/07
I really appreciate your words. Sometimes it can be the most difficult thing in the world NOT to say anything. I often find my own "righteous indignation" turns out to be nothing like.

I also appreciate what it's like to have one's religion dragged through the mud. It's been a life's lesson to respond with kindness instead of anger.
A good article, well written describing something we all have had to deal with or will in the future. You wrapped it up nicely at the end. Good job.
08/10/07
Two way street, isn't it. I remain convinced that christians are their own worst enemies — they insist on shooting their own. Not a great way to tell that world that Christ is the answer. Thanks for the excellent reminder.
08/12/07
Very well written, very well said, and a purely delightful read. I liked your outlook on what to do, how to react, and "What would Jesus do" attitude. An enlightening and interesting entry. Good job.
08/13/07
Good title. Appreciate your honesty (assuming it is you) and the work of grace displayed in your life through that experience. I think I've learnt something out of this myself. Thanks.
What a true soul-searching article. We can all learn from this.
08/22/07
I very much enjoy reading your work. It's calm and reflective even on a volatile subject like anger. Your writing is polished and lovely.