The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1070 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
Though sin is not always the cause of suffering, i.e., the man with congenital blindness, [John 9], its consequence of pain often devolves on children and that is truly sad!
08/02/07
Your poem fits the topic well.

It is sad when children have to suffer because of the mistakes of their parents. It can leave a child scarred.

I grew up surrounded by alcoholism and addiction. I know first hand the kind of problems it can cause for a family, and for a child of that family.

A well written poem about a very real problem. Great job!
08/07/07
It's very sad when a parent's problem troubles the child as portrayed in your story. Thanks for sharing this story.
Perfectly on topic - great poem with strong emotions. Thank you for writing about this subject.
Good job. Straight to the heart does this touching piece go! Well done!God bless the hurting people and the loved ones who are affected by the struggles and pain as well.Thank the Lord we serve a God who is faithful and promises us strength and power through Him.
Lots to ponder here. The message is very thought-provoking. I tripped a time or two on the meter, but overall it's a good read. Thanks for sharing.
So sad! The last line sort of said it all. Good job!
A good poem, well written. It is so tragic when the parent(s) bring heartache to their own child. God Bless
This poem does a wonderful job of relating the pain that children go through when parents don't do what is right. Bravo!
08/09/07
You nailed the topic, what a creative way to do it too. Excellent.
I really like this poem. Even though it is a very sad subject, you handled in a very nice way. Good job.
08/09/07
Delicate and sweet and RIGHT on for topic. Poor little thing. Excellent writing!