The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1199 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
04/26/07
I loved this story! Deeply moving, expressing vividly the narrator's tragedy so that I could feel her pain. Beautiful, haunting descriptions. My favorite line: "A second became eternity and eternity flashed past in a second."

I loved the symmetry of the green flash reappearing at the story's ending-it seemed a satisfying symbol of the narrator's inner healing as she experienced it with her new husband.

Was also drawn in by the story's unusual title. Great job!
04/26/07
Beautifully written. I physically felt the pain. (I'm sure partly because my parents were killed in a car accident, too.)

Your imagery was wonderful. (I have stood many times looking for the green flash, but alas, have yet to see it.)

This sounds like it is written by someone who experienced this -- if so, thank you for sharing.
04/26/07
Very nicely written. I love the full circle this piece takes. The description is well done.
04/27/07
Thank you for writing this. Moments almost brought tears for me "from now until forever" and many others. Nice colors! I'd prefer if you left out the "happily ever after" ending.
A good story. A lot of pain and deep emotion here. But it also has a deep-seeded love and trust. Good writing.