The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 885 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
01/26/07
A sweet story and a good look at tweenager angst and cliques.
Very good message. You developed your main character very well. There are some grammar and punctuation errors you might want to watch out for. All in all, this was an enjoyable read.
01/29/07
You portrayed your main character's pain of rejection very well. There was also an inner strength I detected in her, despite her young age. I rejoiced with her in Ling's friendship! However, I agree that some proofreading would take care of spelling and punctuation errors. Thank you for sharing this story!
01/29/07
Very well-told story! Your detail is just right. Just fix up the grammar and this would be absolutely wonderful!
01/30/07
i jsut couldn't wait to sa ythis. this story is a mix of 2 experiences. i met my best friend this way at lunch in 7th grade. i mixed it with my experieces in 3rd
01/30/07
I love the repeated "It only hurts if you let it." This is very heart-breaking and effective. Sometimes the dialog doesn't seem quite right for 3rd graders, but the feelings and emotions depicted here are very real and touching. This is very good writing, with great promise.
01/30/07
A passionate piece of writing. You drew me into your story and the pain of your character. Great work.
01/31/07
Nice, so nice. I can definitely see a real girl in this story. She could have been me. A wonderful ending and an excellent read.