The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 836 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
11/23/06
How touching this story was. I have so often thought of these "monsters" who had mothers who loved them, who saw them in their innocence and may have had to watch the signs as their sons were engulfed by their demons. This was a well crafted, poignant story. It touched me greatly. Thank you for capturing that unique heartbreak and the following grace that was extended. Whether this places or not, it's sure a winner in my book!
11/24/06
Oh, my goodness this is amazing. It brought tears to my eyes and my heart went out to both of these mothers. How incredibly touching this was. Absolutely wonderful!
11/25/06
I agree with Marilee. I, too, often wonder about others. Your story made me cry for that mother's pain and the second mother's compassion. Well done.
Just want to echo the "well done"s. This story really touched me.
WHOA!

I only wished I'd known where the guy was going.

Big topic to tackle. Best wishes.
11/29/06
This was fantastic. And you know what? I saw a bit too much of myself in the 'disgusted man'. A big challenge to me to think about the people that have loved 'monsters', and to remember that there must be something loveable about them. Some food for thought then!
11/30/06
Oh, wow. This was DEFINITELY amazing, and so worthy of placing as it did. You really hit me between the eyes.