The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1047 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
11/10/06
Excellent intro and conclusion, it gives this piece the very rhythm of breathing. Very effective.
Yes - a good reminder that we are indeed alive. Well written, concise and you have made a good point.
11/11/06
Really struck home. Yesterday I found a note dated 5/28/05 with a list of things to get my husband. I bought everything on the list, but the next day I was a widow. I'm alive now. But we never know what awaits. Thanks for the clarity and insight on treasuring the moment. Good job.
I like the framework you "hung" this story on. It worked well. Keep writing!
I liked this. It had good flow and a unique perspective. Nice work.
11/15/06
What an amazing call to action - very, very effective use of a story to make a point (or a point to make a story! LOL). Creative and thought-provoking. Fine job!
11/16/06
What a great story. We all need to be reminded that we are alive and are still able to make a difference in our world. Who knows what tomorrow will bring? Who'd want to? Today has enough worries of its own. That having been said, I try to rejoice in all things. If we have gloomy weather for many days, I thank God that I have a roof over my head. My husband, an airline pilot, just went off on a trip to Miami and Haiti, so I know that life can change on a dime. So does anyone who was alive after September 11. Let's all kick up our heels and embrace these "ordinary" days. Thanks for starting my day off right. Good job!