The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 836 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
08/31/06
I love your take on this old hymn.
08/31/06
What I like - believable dialogue, I could see a realistic character, you have a good conclusion as she struggles through her pain. Good title too. Very Well paced - didn't drag down.
What I might change - nothing really. The verses minsitered to me and were well placed. At first I thought there were too many and the got in the way of reading - then I made myself read each one and realized how perfect they were.
09/02/06
I LOVE how you structured this story! The lyrics go PERFECTLY with the story's action. This is quite good!!
09/06/06
Strong sense of your character's challenge coming through the inner dialogue. Well done. Yeggy. (PS 'The bills were piling up as it was since' needs to be 'the bills were piling up as they had since'):-)
I love the way that Scripture was used to bring hope and encouragement. It should be that way always, for all of us. This story is an excellent reminder of that. Thanks!
Beautiful story. There were a few minor grammer troubles, but otherwise very nicely done.
09/07/06
I think this speaks to all of us that have had a song in our head at one time or another. I liked how you wove the song through the piece. Nice story!