The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1137 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
06/10/06
Awesome poem - it flowed beautifully. Keep it up! In Christ's Love,

Julia
06/12/06
Wonderful poem! We all need to journey home. We are aliens here and peace is found only in Him no matter the situation. Thank you
06/12/06
Wow, this must have been really difficult, sustaining rhyme and meter while keeping the acrostic, AND having it be rich in meaning--and you pulled it off. I think it could use a VERY minor tweaking for meter, which stumbles just a teensy bit. But this is a super job; I always appreciate wordplay and good poetry.
You did a really, really good job on this poem. I agree it must have been a challenge working it all together. Good job.
06/13/06
God Bless You. Beautiful poetry. Keep writing.
Only,
Joy
A challenging project, an excellent message, pulled off with true literary flair! Bravo!

Here's a way you can take this excellent piece to new heights: "sizzle up" your verb forms. For instance, your opening line was very strong: "bliss struck down..." Notice how you used a strong verb, "strike" in an active past tense? The reader now expects to experience that same level of action emotionally throughout the piece.

A good number of the subsequent lines contain passive verb forms, which drop the reader's engagement level down a notch. Phrases such as "refuge is sought," "guidance is needed," and the one in the last line, "Have found my Father's home," are just begging for the same action level as your first line.

If this feels like a lot for me to lay on you at Level 1, please know you definitely have the goods to be wonderful poet, and I'm certain you're up to it! Have fun with this, and Keep Writing!

06/20/06
This is AWESOME!

I very much enjoyed reading every word.

Wow!