The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1080 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
05/05/06
Now, this is a love story. Thanks for posting.
Wow, now that's what I call "love." Thank you for sharing this beautiful account.
05/10/06
This is really a good love story. That's how a marriage should be. If this is true, you must be a testimony of that to the children & grandchildren. If this is fiction, you've done a good job of catching the essense of long-lasting love. A few suggestions - spell out state names and numbers, don't use "they" quite so often. Overall, I love this and recommend it.
05/11/06
How did you manage to tell such a complete love story in such a small space? This is a beautiful piece of writing!
07/18/06
To the person who wondered if this was truth or fiction; it was truth. I was the fifth and best child. They quit when they achieved perfection. Hah! My four children are the prettiest, handsomest, and smartest of all the grandkids. If Mandy reads this and disagrees it is just because she is getting old and senile. Hee, hee, hee. When my oldest daughter reaches thirty, then we will see about letting her date in order to give Pop some really great grandkids.
Chuck