The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 935 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
02/23/06
Interesting view, but I'm not sure who is speaking in the story (or am I dense today?). Needs some space between paragraphs.
02/24/06
I figured who it was in the story. Very interesting point of view.

Like the previous comment said, spacing between paragraphs will make it easier to read.

Good take on the theme though!
02/24/06
Creatively done! Reminds me of Carmen's song :) Nice job of telling it from the real enemy's point of view!
02/24/06
You did a great job of catching us up in the action. Great imagination! And you are definitely on the right track as far as developing your craft goes. Keep it up!
02/24/06
Very interesting perspective. And I especially liked: "Worse, he had facilitated his own defeat. By driving for this crucifixion, he had done the will of his enemy and lost." We spend a lot of time watching out for our enemy so I think it's wonderful to be reminded that he's watching out for us (or should be if we are doing what we should as believers). Good job.
02/24/06
This is a good job, a unique perspective, and good writing skills. A few things to consider: sometimes you wrote in past tense, sometimes in present. And the beginning was far more engaging than the end. You've got a great start here--as you work on honing your craft, you'll get better and better.
02/24/06
Interesting. Were you speaking from the point of view of a minion of Satan? I thought it was good. I too had the same problem with the tenses. The story would work in either tense but not both at once. Either someone is telling it as it happens or as if it happened a time before. I did like your take on the crucifixion. My husband's favorite saying in his sermons is "If Satan had known what would have been the outcome of Jesus' death, he would never have wanted him crucified."

Thanks for sharing your article!