The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 418 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
I love this. I didn't see the ending coming at all. You did a great job of pulling me in.

I like how you used the son's dialog to show what was on his mind. I'd urge you to go even farther and include the other characters' dialog too. Add some body language too and you'll have an even better story.

I wrote a few stories about Judah before too. This reminded me a bit of one I called A Mother's Son. Some people seem uncomfortable to think about Judah and what might have prompted him to do what He did, but I often imagine what must've been going through his head and his mother's. I think this is fresh, spot on topic, and interesting.
More information derived from the lost books of the Bible. It used to be that whenever anyone found something in a manuscript they did not like or want others to know about, they destroyed that part of the book. You have found a part that a well known family didn't want others to know about and wrote a shortened biography about the main character.

Well done by not reveling the main character until the very end.
09/12/16
What a delightful story. I was intrigued from the beginning. Good job. God bless.
Congratulations on ranking 2nd in your level and 20 overall. The highest rankings can be found on the message boards. Happy Dance!