The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 537 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
06/16/16
A sweet reminder of the purpose of life. God bless.
This has a great message and tugs on my heart. Although poetry is not my strongest suit, I do have some tiny advice. I noticed in the middle you changed tense from the present to the past and back again. I think the present is more powerful in this case. The other is using the word that instead of who. I see God as a person so the line is more powerful like this: He is the Light who... (Normally, light would be that, but since you're personificaying it, I think who works better.) I love the line, I refuse to fizzle. It speaks volumes about our choices in this world. It's not always easy, but we can choose to not fizzle. I also liked the progression from dog to cat to bird and on. I felt it quite creative, and it helped reinforce your message.
06/17/16
You've used some warm pictures to draw us into your world, and I like your final affirmation.
06/19/16
Christ's light inside us never dies out even when we try to hide it.
06/22/16
A beautiful message!

Blessings~
06/23/16
Congrats Caleb!

Blessings to you~
06/23/16
Congratulations, Caleb, on your highly commended poem this week in the Beginners category.

I think your poem would have placed higher if it would have been more directly tied to the topic this week.
06/25/16
Congratulations on your highly commended poem.