The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 647 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
03/05/15
This was a really good read, I thought it profoundly honest and held an excellent message.

God bless~
Well written information for any who has thoughts of overseas or foreigh missionary work.

One awkard sentence I would change to: "What on earth am I doing here?"

Perhaps lack of information at the outset allowed questioning of faith and purpose to set in.

Now without problems do you feel you have more faith or are you "able to trust in yourself more"?

Problems can cause us to trust more in Him who we can't see while no problems allow us to trust in ourselves.
03/09/15
Very interesting and thought provoking. Thanks for your heartfelt message that allows the reader to take stock of what they really believe about faith and how to exercise it.
03/10/15
Your premise is really on point "that faith is built at the crossroads of doubt and fear."
I like the way you opened with that truth and then expounded it throughout your entry. I'm very acquainted with the harsh conditions many foreign missionaries have had to endure. Thank you for sharing this here. It reminds me not to gripe over my trivial inconveniences, which compared with the difficulties of many Christians is very mild.

Keep up the great work.
I enjoyed your testimony. I like the real life examples that you gave. I've never been outside of the country much, but you make it easy to picture. I could feel the chill. I live in Western New York and we've had the coldest month on record, so I could totally relate to that feelings and thoughts of Seriously, God, what am I doing here?

I don't think you needed your opening paragraph. You could have just jumped in with the second. If you go back and count, you'll be surprised how many times you used the word faith. Some of the best challenges I've read have been spot on topic without ever using the topic word. I think you could have done that with this piece.

Your inner dialog (you may want to put it in italics next time) was beautiful and shows the reader what doubt looks like. It really made me connect with the MC. You have a great message here and I believe God has great plans for you.

If you haven't already checked out Jan's Writing Basics on the message boards, I'd urge you to do so. She has great lessons for all levels of writers.
Congratulations on ranking 6th in your level. The highest rankings can be found on the message boards.