The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 615 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
10/17/14
Delightful story I thoroughly enjoyed reading. It reminded me of my grandmother's farm. My brother also had a harrowing run-in with an angry rooster who pecked his forehead after he fell on the ground in terror...sad story. The only thing I would try to add to this account is letting the reader know you are a "she" as early on as possible. For the first half of the story I thought you were relating to your boyhood. I love your descriptive details, and the admiration for your Dad shines through...great job!
10/17/14
Nearest I ever got to this was walking in a field and the sheep decided revenge of all my mint sauce jokes. I really had to run. Well done was funny with out trying too hard.
10/17/14
Very entertaining material, though less enjoyable for the rooster. I enjoyed the descriptive style and subtle humour. Well done.
10/18/14
Wonderful writing, descriptive and on topic.
God bless~
10/23/14
Wonderful story writing. You captured my attention and held it well. Good work.
10/23/14
Congrats!

God bless~
10/23/14
Well done on your placing.
You should have been introduced to "Rooster/Chicken Paprikash"
- a very tasty dish made with villainous attacking birds. Loved this delightful tale . . .
Congratulations!

KJV 1 Timothy 3:16
"And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory."
12/27/14
Delightfully well written . What was for dinner the next day ?