The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 479 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
Till death do us part.

Jesus gave his life for us. Have you given your life to Jess.

My other question would be, have you really given your life in repentance and obedience to Jesus?

Well written life story.
A good piece that ends with a common question on the lips of many couples. However, marriage is "for better for love "!
08/16/14
I love the raw emotion that you displayed in this article. Its hard to tell a story because of all that pain that has been stored up, and unfortunately a lot of other couples ask about their spouse. But is in those moments where the love of Christ has to be modeled. Is my spouse showing me the love I deserve is not the question...Jesus would keep showing love regardless. And the only way this battle can be fought is the way mentioned in the story, on one's knees.

Great job!

On a helpful critique note, I would spend more time editing, and make sure to read this as your audience will. But keep in mind, I am not good at editing myself.
08/17/14
Wow-- this read like a Mickey Spillane novel, I could almost hear the "soliloquy" in the opening.

It was an emotional piece that tugged on the heart, and pulled me in with each paragraph. I was praying for a resolution upon conclusion. However this ending had an authentic tone. If this is a true story, I pray for God's peace to come into your heart and His wisdom to bring you answers you seek.

Well done...good job.

God bless~
08/17/14
Writing needs to draw us in, to be a part of it. This did that to me. I was enthralled with the emotions it drew out of me. Anger, hope, despair.

Great job!

I too wished you had taken the time to re-read and edit the silly little grammar thing.

I struggle with it myself to no end, but it makes for better reading and I am sure the judges will not be so kind on that point.

Keep writing.
08/21/14
You have taken us into the minds of the hurting with your entry.

I'm not sure whom you confessed to however??? And I wasn't so sure if she moved out (Assisted housing)

Aside from the little grammatical errors, you've presented an interesting piece. Keep writing.