The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 655 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
01/20/14
I say this in a positive sense in that this entry reads to me like a short sermon. I would go over it carefully and pinpoint sentences that need a comma here or there. Because of a lack of well placed commas in a few key spots where needed, the sentences do not always read as smoothly as they could. Great message and timely call for an interior response from the reader however.
01/20/14
Very interesting. Some good points were delivered. Keep writing.
01/20/14
I like the way you used short paragraphs. Hope you don't mind a couple tips. You might have missed a few places where it could use a comma, But you definitely have the aptitude for writing!

Now, I'd like to see you keep growing as a writer along with the rest of us. Try working on being a little more creatively descriptive. Make the reader feel they are in the scene. I like to read the entries in the Masters level to see how they do things. Try it, it helps!
01/22/14
Nice piece!

A little work on punctuation would have helped some of the sentences to flow better. But, aside from that . . . great job!
I think this is a nice piece. I thought the examples of how we often used the word endless was an interesting opener and intrigued me and made me want more.

The main red ink I would offer is to tighten your sentences a bit. For example these lines: We will be coming back to earth, after the tribulation has taken place. We will be working for the Lord in whatever situation that He needs us.
Could be tightened like this: After the tribulation, we'll be coming back to earth to work wherever the Lord needs us.
I also noticed at times you slipped from first person plural (we) to the universal you. You may want to try and stay consistent.

Overall, though, you did a great job. You made me stop and reflect on your words. I liked the way you ended the piece with a story many can relate to. Your ending was one of the more powerful criterion that the judges use (at least in my opinion). Because of the limited word count, many struggle with a good ending, but you seemed to do it effortlessly. You also definitely covered the topic too. Good job, I look forward to reading more of your work.