The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 604 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
11/07/13
A very inspirational and well written devotional that was both uplifiting and honest in its content and delivery.

Nice job!

Keep writing for Him,

God Bless~
11/07/13
Very inspiring devotional. It is sometimes very difficult to let go and wait until God reaches out to catch you.
You have a lot of good stuff here.

Shorter paragraphs would make it easier to read but the thoughts would still carry from paragraph to paragraph.

Yes, if we would just listen to God's word and obey he could help us grow. His Holy Spirit, which we receive when we are baptized for the forgiveness of our sins, can help us understand what God wants us to do to be like Christ.

Again, good thought.
This is a beautiful devotion. I totally can relate to the fear of letting go. You do a great job of setting up a real experience and then transitioning into the Biblical message.

Remember to start a new paragraph when someone different starts to speak. That will break your piece into smaller paragraphs as well, which is good because big paragraphs in such short pieces can overwhelm the reader.

I liked your subtle take on the topic. The way you presented it is perfect and allows the reader to recognize herself in your words. Normally I wouldn't do this, but I think you will appreciate it. This piece reminds me a bit of a true story that I once wrote called the Three Cords where I feared letting go. I'd be honored to have you read it because I think you would really get it. You can click on my name and it will take you to my profile page where you can find the story. I mention this because I have needed to be reminded of that experience and your story did just that. Thank you so much. Your words really blessed me.
11/14/13
To be honest, I almost did not take the time to read this because of the lengthy paragraphs. But once i got into reading it your words jumped off the page and into my heart. This is so much truth in your words. I want to encourage you to keep writing. What you have to say in your writing people need to hear. The rest will fall into place. God Bless!