The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 704 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
10/19/12
The end result of God's trials in our lives bring glory to Him - you have portrayed that well in your story. Thanks!

Colin (Gold Member)
This is a powerful piece. Not everyone will be able to relate to it on a level as deep as those who suffer chronic illness and their caregivers. It touched me deeply as I've been struggling against shingles-like sores for almost a quarter of a decade with gaping sores from the lining of my brain to between my toes. I totally get the words you wrote, This illness has robbed much from me but has blessed me ten times over. My kids are acutely aware of pain and suffering and all have chosen careers to serve God and others. Suffering can be kind especially if you hand it over to God. Nicely done.
10/22/12
I think your title for this piece zeroes in on what the sufferings in our lives can render. This tugged at my heart for all those with chronic pain. Lots to pause and think about in this fine piece.

Tiny red ink: Spaces between the verses allow the reader to ponder each collective thought, and also gives the eyes a rest as well.
10/23/12
I can hear and relate to this piece VERY well...suffering can be kind knowing He is with us, comforting, healing. Thank you so much for this wonderful piece.

"Blessed are they who mourn, for they shall be comforted:

My favorite

God Bless
10/25/12
Beautifully written, and intensely powerful. This touched me on many different levels...having faced chronic illness with family members, myself, and my job as a Director in Nursing Homes, I full well related to this piece.

Thank you.

And, God Bless you~