The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 631 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
08/09/12
This story reminded me of a concert where the conductor starts the orchestra playing softly, but purposefully. It built as the instruments played their message and at the end of it, I could hear the cymbals(sp) resounding. What an apparently honest appraisal of what the reader assumes is a history of you dealing with food issues. You dealt with the subject very delicately and I am sure you have a compassion for those people who I you see are in the same boat you were in during a good share of your life. It is a shame what people do to children by what we say to them. They are so impressionable and what we say can be something lasting, as in your case. This was very well-written and I enjoyed it thoroughly. Sometimes this kind of entry can be boring; this was quite the opposite. Excellent!
08/10/12
This was a moving and brilliant personal testimony. I felt your anguish, and was compelled to read on. The "inner demons" you faced concerning your shame washed clean away by the power of love from the one who "loves us the most."

I thought this beautiful and enlightening...and it touched my heart so deeply. Excellent, excellent, excellent. And, I am so thrilled for your victory through Jesus Christ.Amen.

Thank you for sharing!
God bless you~
Well crafted and on topic. I could feel, in your writing, the stress of growing up with negative messaging. The conclusion was very good. Way to overcome with Jesus!!
08/13/12
I think this would make a great devotional. How many people (especially women) have suffered from being labeled "fat"? We really are what we think and need to reject the labels others put upon us. Very, very well done.
This brought tears to my eyes. I could feel the pain of the little girl who still pokes her head out every now and then. People sometimes have no clue that their actions and words write on the slate of children. I've suffered through eating disorders and have a food that I consider safe and then it's the only thing I can eat without guilt. You did a great job with this piece.
08/16/12
Congratulations! This was so good and I am so happy for you. God bless~
08/16/12
Congrats! excellent entry and I really enjoyed it!
08/16/12
I was touched by your testimony and loved your explanation of where your new identity and freedom came from. Well done!
Congratulations for your ribbon and for ranking 19th overall!