The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 870 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
05/31/12
A poignant and touching entry...The prayers of the young girl brought many emotions forward. Especially about the "hole in the shoe." Thank you for this. God Bless~
I absolutely loved this!
You did well portraying this fatherless young child. It is often we forget the hardships of a single parent household. thanks for the reminders.
Wow this is a piece of pure genius. I loved the voice of the little girl being faithful with her relationship with God. Oh to have such faith.

The old real red ink is that it might be a tad week on topic. Though I can see the mother wondering why her husband was gone and the girls as well it wasn't truly based on question.

Sometimes you just need to writer what God places on your heart. The main reason I want to mention having a hard time seeing the topic is because if perchance this piece doesn't rank as high as I think it should the reason would be because the judges rated it lower in how well does it fit the topic category. For me personally it is one of my all time favorites.

The ending was perfect. You brought the story full circle and left the reader with hope. Awesome writing. (Oh yeah I laughed out loud at the mental picture of the girls fighting over baby Jesus. How blessed we all are that there is enough Jesus for everyone. I think that too is just another sweet and clever message in this brilliant piece.
06/07/12
This kept my attention from beginning to end. You did a good job. Claire was questioning in her little girl way, this making your piece right on subject. Keep up the good work.
06/07/12
Congrats! God Bless~
Congratulations on you ribbon and for ranking 22 overall!