The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1095 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
09/01/11
You've perfectly touched on "that mother's curse"...don't we all want to keep our babies small? Beautifully done.
Beautifully written! You really expressed the emotion wrapped up in these stepping stones of life, for the Mom and daughter. The last line especially touched my heart since I just sent my baby off to junior high! Keep writing:)
09/01/11
This was a charming story.I think it captures the child's view very well. I can't imagine how I'll feel when this day comes around for my little girl. Well done!
Oh this almost brought tears to my eyes. My baby is starting her last year of high school. I could so relate to the mother's feelings. We work so hard to raise them to be independent, loving, and happy adults and our thanks for all of that hard work is they leave is to become independent, hard-working adults! :) Nicely told with a good message.
09/02/11
And this is why I homeschool!! No, not really, but I definitely felt for the mother in your story. How well I can empathize with her pangs of sorrow as she watches her littlest one grow. This was well-written and I enjoyed it very much!
09/03/11
This was a beautiful read and well written. It touched my heart. Nicely done, Brava! God Bless~
09/06/11
I have read this a few times - and it came to mind as I laid my son's uniform out tonight, ready for tomorrow! A lovely read - thank you.
Congratulations on 1st place. Well-deserved! A beautiful piece!
09/08/11
Congrats on a well deserved win. God Bless you ~
This is very poignant and I especially like your last line - it show the heart of its author. Congratulations on your EC.
09/12/11
Congratulations on your 1st place in the category and moving up to the next level! Very well written.