The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 849 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
02/11/11
The title is great for this piece. Good job, I really enjoyed it.
02/12/11
what a clever funny piece. I was right there in the classroom full of reluctant students. you describe it all well setting the scene and drawing out the important subject of the use of Christs birth to define of history into before and after.
I am left wondering if in there truly is a move to use BCC i have never heard the term but i am all too aware of the move in schools to dilute the importance of Christian faith and traditions.
great dialogue and great caricaturisation
02/12/11
I am so glad you wrote on the current trend in school to be all-inclusive. The truth is that many children have no concept of American history--both good and bad.

Well written and really true to today's times.
I was there in that classroom. Your description of Owen, the reluctant student, was so accurate. The twist about BEC and BC was brilliant. It transformed the Owen and the situation. I would like to follow Owen through his life and further transformation in a novel. =)
02/15/11
Nicely done. I would like to see Owen progress in his taking a stand for his beliefs. It would make good and encouraging reading, esp. for those going through similar real life challenges.
02/15/11
Nicely done. I would like to see Owen progress in his taking a stand for his beliefs. It would make good and encouraging reading, esp. for those going through similar real life challenges.
This was an excellent piece. You pulled the reader in and left me thinking if BCE is areal term and of we will ever stoop to that. Great job!

Congratulations for ranking 8th in level one!