The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1308 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
Well done! I clicked on this one first because of the title and I wasn't disappointed! Enjoyed it and such a message behind it all. Thanks for sharing.
08/25/05
Dear sis.Anita, I agree with you on your comment as a Christian mother: There was one comment about your daughter which I would have changed because I think it is an offensive and worldly description for the act of creating a new life.
REPLY:
This is a part fictional story about an un-saved person..without Christ Jesus or without knowing him. As the first person, I wanted to stay true to the real charactor and thoughts and feelings. As to your comment I agree, but it was meant to be what to Christians would be offensive, and worldly.
This is reality today. The woman didn't know any better, as many of us didn't before Jesus came into our lives. (BC--Before Christ) None of us were born Christ like. We must be born again.
Thank you for your comments though--I appreciate.
God bless ya, littlelight
08/26/05
Quite different take on topic. Good flow. I would tighten up the writing without the 'was' words. Great Job!
08/29/05
A very creative entry, well done (but I think the "what's his name?" thing was used a bit too much)
09/01/05
Excellent! Many have taken this same "trip" and so can relate to your word/phrase choices. You hit on the deep sense of uselessness - forgotten names, faces that so often become a part of a life wasted. The people fade away and the baggage mounts indeed! Thank God for Jesus Christ our Deliverer! Great writing!