The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 643 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
04/23/09
Loved this story. Dog's are so much more than animals. I can really relate to your story...I feel your pain. I miss him, too!
04/24/09
Jake was a lucky dog, because he had humans who loved him very much. You have done a good job conveying that love. Jake's fondness for your couch made me grin, because my lab does the same thing. She even rests her head on the arm cushion. When I get up or come home, she slinks down to her bed with a look that says, "You didn't see me up there!" :-) My favorite detail, though, is "Here,Kitty, Kitty"--what a picture of Jake's love for you! He was excited to search with you, and never questioned why.

Thank you for sharing this. I am so sorry for your loss, and will keep you in prayer. I'll also be looking forward to your next entry!

04/26/09
What a difficult decision. And you transmitted the pain you felt so very vividly. My grown daughters are animal lovers. I plan to forward this story to them. So sorry for your loss.
What a touching story. As a dog lover I can feel the pain of it all too clearly.
This is so tender and beautifully written. Anyone who has ever loved and lost a pet will get caught up in the emotions evoked by the way you told this story. I liked, too how the MC showed how the love of a pet can sneak its way into a man's heart and change it forever. Well done!
Oh. I am so sorry.
You wrote this very well. I hope it helped with the healing.
I know how to feels to love these critters. It is so hard when they leave us.
God bless.
04/28/09
Oh, how very sad! I'm more of a cat person, but you really made me care about Jake. Well done, and my heartfelt sympathy if this is a true story. It certainly reads like one!