The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 728 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
How fun to read about this process. I'd never heard about this before, wonderful of you to share it! A great read! ^_^
Nice description of the process and thank you for inviting an outsider to develop an appreciation for a northern tradition.

Try spacing your paragraphs. It will make your article easier to read and more inviting to potential readers. It will also make proofreading easier. "Bare" in your first sentence should be spelled "bear." Since both are words in a dictionary a spell checker wouldn't alert you. Only rereading, made easier by proper paragraph spacing, would catch mistakes like this.
02/06/09
I love the boys excitement, and the new neigbors question, if anyone of the other neighbors minded the noise; then the father responds, "WHat noise?"
I was a little concerned that you didn't add in there that the other neigbors didn't mind; but I see in the end that you said the neighbors volunteered to help.
It began as a good story and shifted into an explanation of how the rink was constructed. I'm not sure that fits, however I'm also no expert.
02/09/09
The neighbourhood rink is a wonderful tradition. Your story brought back some great memories.