The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 944 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
12/05/08
Wonderful use of personification in this thoughtful poem.
12/09/08
You have asked for comments so I'll throw in my tuppence worth. I think that you have done something very clever here, rich in structure and imagery, which is what good poetry should be like. Yet I found the overall poem to be too long and in other circumstances I would have stopped reading and moved on. Yet in saying that I liked the way that your final stanza finished so abruptly and so positively in the tercet.
12/09/08
It did seem rather wordy, but I liked this form of poetry. You obviously have great talent as a wordsmith! :)
Not being a student of poetry, I had to look up "sestina" and it seems you've done a great job. You have a way of putting words together very beautifully.
12/11/08
Congratulations on your 2nd place, Sonya. I am not a poetry reader or writer, but I did find this very fascinating. Very interesting take on the topic. Nice job.
12/12/08
Well done, Sonya. Two excellent weeks in the Challenge. You are doing wonderfully well. Congratulations.

Not only 2nd in Level 1, but you also placed 28th in the highest rankings overall. Well done.

With love, Deb (Challenge Coordinator)