The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1388 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
Indeed, a truly lived in house! I loved the verse from the wedding and the ending, it was just right. ^_^
06/07/08
Hi Norms, I really like this one. The warmth of your home flows out in this article. Your home has always been a loving, open, welcoming home and we as guests have always felt special. I have never seen it untidy or messy. I don't do clinical, I prefer homely just like you. Then the cooking...mmmm, I can understand the boys liking to "linger longer", you rock! Love Ken.
I loved the transparent look into your life.

I also think it is great that you can take the time with coffee inthe morning after the storm to assess instead of jumping right into clean up.

I learned a lesson from this,
thanks for sharing.
06/08/08
The storm makes a great metaphor.

A suggestion: Avoid using exclamation points in narrative. It's far better to choose strong words to indicate strong emotion, and save exclamation points for dialogue.

I loved the hymn; I'd never heard that one before.
06/08/08
A very good message painted quite vividly. Enjoyed this very much.
06/08/08
What a lovely testimony to your homelife...great meessage.
I like you. You are my kind of "mum". I prefer comfortable and lived in to spotless, too.
I do have one suggestion. You might want to put the author credit for the song as a footnote instead of sticking it into the body of your story. To me, it's a slight distraction that interrupts the flow, although I don't know if it's really wrong. This was a really good read, and made me think of when my daughter was still at home and her friends came over. Well done.
What a great home you created for you children - I would feel very comfortable visiting. This would also make a very good devotional. Good stuff Norms :-:
This is my kind of home as well. I did notice some grammatical errors, but otherwise, the description was well done. This is a nice piece.
I loved the wedding hymn and the lesson being taught here. I really appreciate you sharing this. It blessed me. :)