The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1013 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
05/02/08
Wonderful! This gives a strong message in an interesting and touching way. It makes you wonder if that older woman was an angel in disguise.
Well done. Keep writing.
Yes, yes. Great job. You have captured a number of elements of good writing. For example the way the chair made Gina itch and her initial reaction when the older woman approached her. The message is timely and one that needs to be heard. I also liked the slight air of mystery at the end. Much to be preferred to a pat ending.
05/06/08
I love pieces that uphold the humanity of the unborn...well done.
Your descriptions of the waiting room and of the lady are vivid. Your writing is very tender and thoughtful.
Thank you for the hint.

You said so much,and did it so well with the word limit.

You bring much skill to FW.
I always look forward to reading your entries.

Keep writing!
Terrific job, Bill. The action and dialog flow easily and naturally. Great characterizations in a modern day setting. Well done. :)
This is a good story to give out to those women who are debating what to do with a child that they don't feel they can have.

I really appreciate the message in this. Thank you for sharing it, Bill.
05/10/08
I like how you describe the woman but you don't define her (other than being a Christian). How could this woman get away with being in an abortion clinic saying what she's saying? Is she actually an angel? Is she a voice sent from her own mother warning her? Speculation for a reader can be a fun thing. Important message, expertly written. Well done!