The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1145 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
03/06/08
This made me smile--I could picture Annie so vividly!
03/06/08
What a wonderful 'silly little poem' it is.
Great description of your little bundle of joy. I had one just like her. Made it through with prayers and lots of love. Sweet poem. Keep writing for Him.
03/07/08
You got a Brilliant poem with Great Insight. And Annie, what a Joy to read
about. Thank you, Helen Harris
03/08/08
ha ha! this one is a real winner!
Wow... aren't kids such an amazing inspiration!
03/11/08
It's not a "silly" little poem...it's a good one, with lots of love and prayer mixed with it.
A few stanzas were out of the pattern, and even though there was no rhyme, the short lines gave the sense of a child's quick actions.
Well done.
03/12/08
Just darling. And I love it even more that my daughter's name is Annie. Well, AnaLee, but we call her Annie. This isn't too far off of her! ;)
03/12/08
This could be called, "What's Wrong with Reagan" because that is a temper tantrum worthy of my own little spitfire-drama-queen-not-even-two-year-old!! I loved it!
Darling! This was an easy read and it kept me attention. I've had an Annie, too. Great job.
LOL, I know this isn't funny in real life, but you sure found the bit of humor to add to it here. Very real and a great format for it, the short, choppy pacing fits the feel of this. I liked it! Great job! ^_^
I loved this. And I don't miss that part of those days. Nice writing.
Nothing silly about it, I can relate even though I have no kids. Keep it up.
This was adorable and not silly at all. It's real life in all its glorious, nasty, exhausting, truth. The best part is, someday you'll be able to share with her what a sweetheart she was when she was two. Now that's a silver lining!
You got this just right- the obvious battle between Mum and her determined youngster. I am sure many parents will identify. I read it because my name is Anne, and I am a bit stron-willed myself. It can be both an asset and a trial. My Father said it would "stand me in good stead one of these days" and so it has when life dealt some difficult blows. Thankyou.