The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 930 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
02/28/08
GREAT JOB...I was reading this thinking, 'Where's the topic? In that she didn't do what she said, and is now facing the consequences?'
And then the punch in the gut at the end. Love it. Awesome twist. Very creative.
02/29/08
What a twist at the end. Sad story, but very well done.
02/29/08
Wow, that was a powerful story. Very creative and twist at the ending. God bless :)
The actions from that last sentence spoke a lot of words. :)
I can't imagine a mother like that, but unfortunately I know that there a too many out there.
It's true, we lead by example.
A very well written story on an important topic for today.
God Bless
03/04/08
All the way through the story I was thinking, "The mom is already not setting a good example by smoking". Then-the ending! Wonderful way to get your point across. Unfortunately, many teens are living this scenario: do as I say, not as I do. Confusing and, of course, ineffective way to parent. Good writing!
Wow. The whole story is great, but the ending really sums it all up. You really surprised me with that one. Awesome job. :)
You really nailed the topic with your last line, taking a common theme to a new level.
03/06/08
Wow, this was a really great piece! The twist at the end was fantastic. Great job and congrats on the highly commended!
03/06/08
Congratulations on your highly commended. Powerful piece and message. The ending is perfect--and seen way too much. Great job with the topic.