The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 736 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
01/10/08
The first half of this story was extremely engaging--breathless suspense.

Be careful of spelling--barely, wrapped, waste, and know jumped out at me.

My biggest problem was with the ending--the mother's attitude seemed shockingly blase', and the last several paragraphs unlikely. Some re-working, perhaps, to bring the ending to the level of writing in the beginning?

This story shows great promise.
I was so caught up in the story, so much excitement, but the ending left me wondering - I can only guess it might have been a bad practical joke on the mom's part to teach them a lesson. Seems like you ran out of steam. There are also several spelling errors. Please keep writing, keep working on your craft. You are a good story teller and could go far. God Bless. Cat
I agree with the others. The story started out really strong, and held my attention until the mother's response. Seemed a little unnatural - maybe word length forced it into a quick ending. Other than that though, you write well - very well, so keep going!!
01/15/08
Very exciting!
You kept the action moving well. Watch your spellings. (barely and know)
The ending was a bit weak, but all in all, it was good.
Keep writing.
01/18/08
There was a really good plot to the story, I REALLY liked it! You should work off that story, like the bad guys find out about the mother calling the police, and kidnap her, and then the kids have to find her. Something like that, idk. ^-^ Keep writing! ^-^ & :)