The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 848 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
08/31/07
Love the opening. Great imagery. You made me feel the fear.

I did get lost in the lunch memory, overall, you did a great job.
09/05/07
What an intensely personal story where the fear is so clearly described! I love the comforting words of Psalm 57:1-3 that you meditated upon as you prayed for your dad, and I appreciate the lesson that God will rebuke that ancient enemy Fear from his unholy hold upon us! Thank you for sharing your thoughts and feelings with us.
A very emotional and raw piece of writing - if it's an actual event, I pray that your father is all right and that you find the ultimate peace God offers. In all things His will be done and there is no greater peace than accepting this.
I have been in this exact situation. I know the fear involved and you described it perfectly. Good job.
You did an excellent job with this piece. Your fear for your father is so real, but I love your use of Scripture and your "resting" in Jesus.
Well done! Keep on writing!
09/06/07
I loved your opening sentence. You got my attention and held it through a scenario that I could well relate to.

I loved the Scriptures references and felt myself making the transition from fear to faith along with you.

This piece is very well written and I commend you highly. Good work!